In the fast-paced world we’re living in nowadays I often hear words as ‘lifelong learning’, ‘artificial intelligent’, ‘neuroscience’ and ‘change’. It’s our everyday task to be better, faster and smarter today than we were yesterday giving us a non-stop need to develop new skills, break bad habits and be emotionally intelligent.
People have been trying to improve themselves ever since the clock started ticking. And as long as people have been trying to improve themselves, they have faced doubt, experienced setback and dealt with failure. Only those stronger, more patient or with the ability to overcome the difficulties on their journey reached better results.
I believe you tried it too, at least for once; to become the very best version of a leader and you found out that it’s more though than it looked at the beginning. Besides; change does not happen overnight, it needs time and persistence and the circumstances are often not in your favor.
Change is tough, it makes our brain work harder and the switch from conditioned to conscious behavior is using lot of our energy. The best is to not be alone on the road of change but to have help from outside who can help you to see your opportunity, your potential and, unfortunately, your shortcomings.
The top three reasons for engaging a business coach are:
- Develop potential or facilitate a transition (change);
- Act as a sounding board (help from outside) and;
- Address derailing behavior (shortcomings).
In all three situations a business coach will guide you towards your goal, no matter how far away they are but there are more reasons though where a coach can help you:
- To establish and act towards achieving goals
- To become more self-reliant
- To gain more job and life satisfaction
- To contribute more effectively to the team and the organization
- To take greater responsibility and accountability for actions and commitments
- To work more easily and productively with others (boss, direct reports, peers) and, a very important one:
- To communicate more effectively.
In general communication is a success factor. Improve communication and you will improve results.
But what kind of goals do people have that use executive coaching for their growth ?
It’s so many goals as there are people off course and for every situation and goal business coaching has a tailor-made approach. If we look at the top reasons for starting to work with an executive coach, we see the following:
- Increased profits for exit planning
- Greater work-life balance
- Create a stellar sales team
- Achieve greater productivity & time management
- Achieve greater levels of confidence
- Work less and earning more
- Develop higher level of talent among your employees
There are a few steps to be taken in order to get where you want to be. Executive coaching will help you to:
- See yourself more clearly;
- See others more clearly;
- Learn new ways to respond;
- Leverage your existing strengths;
- Build more productive relationships and in the end;
- Achieve what you want.
So how does executive coaching work?
Your business coach will first help you to get clarity by assessing the situation you are in. This is a very important part of the process and requires full transparency. Your executive coaches work with you step-by-step, bringing you to a greater self-understanding, enhanced self-management, and increased depth of empathy.
- During the coaching session by answering the questions on how to move forward in achieving your goals.
- Business coaching will help you to stay concentrated on the solutions instead of breaking your head about the problems.
- By asking the right questions and finding the answers you will feel motivated and empowered to move forward in your business or career.
- Sometimes the questions can sound provoking and pull you out of your comfort zone. Then realize the higher goal is to help you see more opportunities and find the best solutions.
This is the bottom line for an effective coaching engagement. A good coach can help you get clearer about your goals and dreams, and about what you’re capable of doing in order to achieve them.
So, what are you waiting for – stop thinking and start acting.
ONLY IN OCTOBER: EXECUTIVE COACHING – FREE TRIAL .